Right Angle Aluminum Body Worm Gearbox with Output Flange
1. Light in weight and non-rusting
2. Smooth in running, can work a long time in dreadful conditions
3. High efficiency, low noise
4. Good-looking in appearance, durable in service life, and small in volume
|571 ~ 150
|0.06kw ~ 15kw
|750rpm ~ 2000rpm
|1/5 ~ 1/100
|AC (1 phase or 3 phase) / DC / BLDC / Stepper / Servo
|Solid shaft / Hollow shaft / Output flange…
|Metric size / Inch size
|Material of housing
|die-cast aluminum / Cast iron / Stainless steel
|Flange / CHINAMFG shaft / Torque arm / Cover …
Q: Can you make the gearbox with customization?
A: Yes, we can customize per your request, like flange, shaft, configuration, material, etc.
Q: Do you provide samples?
A: Yes. The sample is available for testing.
Q: What is your MOQ?
A: It is 10pcs for the beginning of our business.
Q: What’s your lead time?
A: Standard products need 5-30days, a bit longer for customized products.
Q: Do you provide technical support?
A: Yes. Our company has design and development team, and we can provide technical support if you
Q: How to ship to us?
A: It is available by air, sea, or by train.
Q: How to pay the money?
A: T/T and L/C are preferred, with different currencies, including USD, EUR, RMB, etc.
Q: How can I know if the product is suitable for me?
A: >1ST confirm drawing and specification >2nd test sample >3rd start mass production.
Q: Can I come to your company to visit?
A: Yes, you are welcome to visit us at any time.
Q: How shall we contact you?
A: You can send an inquiry directly, and we will respond within 24 hours.
Estimated freight per unit.
|To be negotiated
|Change Drive Torque, Change Drive Direction, Speed Changing, Speed Reduction
Blue or Silver
Can a Worm Gearbox Be Used in Heavy-Duty Machinery?
Yes, a worm gearbox can be used in heavy-duty machinery and is often chosen for such applications due to its inherent characteristics and advantages:
- High Torque Transmission: Worm gearboxes are known for their ability to transmit high torque loads, making them suitable for heavy-duty machinery that requires significant power transmission.
- Load Distribution: The design of worm gears provides robust load distribution and excellent contact between the worm and worm wheel teeth. This enhances their load-carrying capacity, making them capable of handling heavy loads without premature wear or failure.
- Compact Design: Worm gearboxes are compact and offer high reduction ratios in a single stage. This allows for the reduction of high input speeds to lower output speeds, often required in heavy-duty machinery.
- Overload Protection: Worm gears have a natural self-locking feature, which means the gear cannot be easily back-driven by external forces. This feature provides inherent overload protection, preventing damage to the gearbox and machinery in cases of sudden load spikes.
- Smooth Operation: Worm gearboxes offer smooth and steady operation, which is crucial for heavy-duty machinery where precision and controlled movement are essential.
However, when considering the use of a worm gearbox in heavy-duty applications, it’s important to ensure proper engineering and sizing. The design should account for factors such as load, speed, duty cycle, lubrication, and temperature to ensure optimal performance and longevity.
Overall, worm gearboxes are well-suited for heavy-duty machinery across various industries, including mining, construction, manufacturing, and more.
Worm Gearbox Applications in Robotics and Automation
Worm gearboxes play a crucial role in various robotics and automation applications due to their unique characteristics and benefits. Here are some common applications where worm gearboxes are used:
- Robotic Arm Movement: Worm gearboxes are employed in robotic arms to provide precise and controlled movement. The self-locking property of worm gearboxes helps maintain the arm’s position without requiring additional brakes.
- Conveyor Systems: In automated production lines, worm gearboxes are used to drive conveyor belts and move materials or products along assembly lines with accuracy.
- Precision Positioning: Worm gearboxes are used in precision positioning systems, such as those found in pick-and-place robots and CNC machines. They ensure accurate and repeatable movements.
- Pan and Tilt Mechanisms: Worm gearboxes are utilized in pan and tilt mechanisms of surveillance cameras, robotic cameras, and sensors. The self-locking feature helps stabilize and maintain the desired angle.
- Automated Gates and Doors: Worm gearboxes are used in automated gate and door systems to control their opening and closing movements smoothly and safely.
- Material Handling: Robots in warehouses and distribution centers use worm gearboxes to manipulate and lift objects, enhancing efficiency in material handling.
- Medical Robotics: Worm gearboxes are employed in medical robots for surgical procedures, diagnostic equipment, and rehabilitation devices, ensuring precise and controlled movements.
- Industrial Robots: Industrial robots rely on worm gearboxes for various tasks, including welding, painting, assembly, and packaging, where precise movements are essential.
- Automated Testing Equipment: In testing and inspection applications, worm gearboxes provide the necessary movement and positioning for accurate testing and measurements.
- Food and Beverage Industry: Worm gearboxes are used in automated food processing and packaging systems, ensuring hygienic and precise movement of products.
Worm gearboxes are preferred in these applications due to their compact size, high torque output, self-locking feature, and ability to provide a right-angle drive. However, selecting the right gearbox requires considering factors such as load, speed, efficiency, and environmental conditions.
Lubrication Requirements for a Worm Gearbox
Lubrication is crucial for maintaining the performance and longevity of a worm gearbox. Here are the key considerations for lubricating a worm gearbox:
- Type of Lubricant: Use a high-quality, high-viscosity lubricant specifically designed for worm gearboxes. Worm gearboxes require lubricants with additives that provide proper lubrication and prevent wear.
- Lubrication Interval: Follow the manufacturer’s recommendations for lubrication intervals. Regularly check the gearbox’s temperature and oil condition to determine the optimal frequency of lubrication.
- Oil Level: Maintain the proper oil level to ensure effective lubrication. Too little oil can lead to insufficient lubrication, while too much oil can cause overheating and foaming.
- Lubrication Points: Identify all the lubrication points on the gearbox, including the worm and wheel gear surfaces. Apply the lubricant evenly to ensure complete coverage.
- Temperature: Consider the operating temperature of the gearbox. Some lubricants have temperature limits, and extreme temperatures can affect lubricant viscosity and performance.
- Cleanliness: Keep the gearbox and the surrounding area clean to prevent contaminants from entering the lubricant. Use proper filtration and seals to maintain a clean environment.
- Monitoring: Regularly monitor the gearbox’s temperature, noise level, and vibration to detect any signs of inadequate lubrication or other issues.
Proper lubrication will reduce friction, wear, and heat generation, ensuring smooth and efficient operation of the worm gearbox. Always refer to the manufacturer’s guidelines for lubrication specifications and intervals.
editor by CX 2023-09-26