Our rv series worm gearbox has many items for your choosing and we can produce as per your drawing or sample to meet your special request
1. Large output torque
2. Safe, reliable, economical and durable
3. Stable transmission, quiet operation
4. High carrying ability
5. High modularization design, may equip with various outer power input conveniently. Same machine type may equip with various power motor. It is easy to realize the combination and junction between every machine type
6. Transmission ratio: Fine division, wide scope. The combined machine type may form very large transmission ratio, i. E. Output very low rotary speed.
7. Form of installation: The position to be installed is not limited.
8. High strength, compact the box body of high strength cast iron, gear and gear shaft adapts the gas carbonization, quenching and fine grinding process, therefore the bearing capacity of unit volume is high.
9. Long life: Under the condition of correct type chosen(including choosing suitable operation parament ) normal operation and maintenance, the life if main parts speed reducer(except wearing parts)should not be less than 20000 hours. The wearing parts include lubricating oil, oil seal and bearing.
10. Low noise: Because main parts of speed reducer are processed, and tested critically, therefore the noise of speed reducer is low.
11. Parallel axis-bevel wheel speed-down motor.
See the below features:
Reduction ratio: 3 — 512
Torque transmission: 5 Nm — 8 95 Nm
Precision backlash: ≤ 5arcmin
Running noise: 51 70 dB (A)
You are welcome to send us detail enquiry by e-mail or fax.
We can also supply Gearbox, agricultural gearbox, planetary gearbox, worm gearbox, CHINAMFG gearbox, marine gearbox, gearbox, reduction gearbox, transmission gearbox, gearbox, mower gearbox, rotary cutter gearbox, small transmission gearbox, gearbox for conveyor, bevel gearbox, helical gearbox, swing gearbox, variable speed gearbox, differential gearbox, small planetary gearbox, reducer gearbox, tiller gearbox, pto gearbox, gearbox reducer, hollow shaft gearbox, speed reduction gearbox, industrial gearbox, planetary reduction gearbox, lawn mower gearbox, rotary tiller gearbox, gearbox transmission, worm reduction gearbox, aluminum gearbox, forklift gearbox, nmrv 075 worm gearbox, nmrv030 worm gearbox, shaft mounted gearbox, nmrv 050 worm gearbox, gearbox for agricultural machinery, power tiller gearbox, manual worm gearbox, spiral bevel gearbox, nmrv gearbox, worm wheel gearbox, reduce speed gearbox, industrial transmission gearbox, worm reducer gearbox, gearbox rpm reducer, helical gearbox reducer, wheel planetary gearbox, nmrv040 worm gearbox, worm gearbox reducer, nmrv worm gearbox, aluminium worm gearbox, gearbox reduction, rv series worm gearbox, worm speed gearbox, nmrv050 worm gearbox, gear reducer, worm gear reducer, helical gear reducer, gear speed reducer, worm gear speed reducer, shaft mounted gear reducer, planetary gear reducer, helical gear speed reducer, worm CHINAMFG reducer, speed gear reducer, bevel gear reducer, planetary gear speed reducer, spur gear reducer, aluminum worm gear reduce, nmrv worm gear reducers, helical-worm gear reducer, helical bevel gear reducers, high speed gear reducer, gear speed reducers, industrial gear reducer, high torque gear reducers
|Toothed Portion Shape:
Calculating Gear Ratio in a Worm Reducer
The gear ratio in a worm reducer is determined by the number of teeth on the worm wheel (also known as the worm gear) and the number of threads on the worm shaft. The gear ratio formula for a worm reducer is:
Gear Ratio = Number of Teeth on Worm Wheel / Number of Threads on Worm Shaft
For example, if the worm wheel has 60 teeth and the worm shaft has a single thread, the gear ratio would be 60:1.
It’s important to note that worm reducers have an inherent self-locking property due to the angle of the worm threads. As a result, the gear ratio also affects the mechanical advantage and the system’s ability to resist backdriving.
When calculating the gear ratio, ensure that the worm reducer is properly designed and that the gear ratio aligns with the desired mechanical characteristics for your application. Additionally, consider factors such as efficiency, load capacity, and speed limitations when selecting a gear ratio for a worm reducer.
Does a Worm Reducer Require Frequent Maintenance?
Worm reducers generally require less frequent maintenance compared to some other types of gearboxes due to their design and operating characteristics. However, maintenance is still essential to ensure optimal performance and longevity. Here are some key points to consider:
- Lubrication: Proper lubrication is crucial for worm gearboxes. Regularly check the lubricant level and quality to prevent wear and overheating. Lubricant should be changed as recommended by the manufacturer.
- Inspections: Periodically inspect the gearbox for signs of wear, damage, or oil leaks. Check for any unusual noises, vibrations, or changes in performance that could indicate a problem.
- Tightening and Alignment: Check and tighten any loose fasteners and ensure that the gearbox is properly aligned. Misalignment can lead to increased wear and reduced efficiency.
- Seal Maintenance: Inspect and maintain seals to prevent oil leakage and contaminants from entering the gearbox.
- Cleaning: Keep the gearbox clean from debris and contaminants that could affect its performance. Regular cleaning can prevent premature wear and damage.
- Load and Speed: Ensure that the gearbox is operating within its rated load and speed limits. Exceeding these limits can lead to accelerated wear and potential failure.
- Environmental Conditions: Consider the operating environment of the gearbox. Extreme temperatures, humidity, and other factors can impact the gearbox’s performance and longevity.
While worm gearboxes are known for their durability and self-locking feature, neglecting maintenance can lead to premature wear, reduced efficiency, and potential breakdowns. Following the manufacturer’s recommendations for maintenance intervals and procedures is essential to keep the worm reducer in optimal condition.
How Does a Worm Gearbox Compare to Other Types of Gearboxes?
Worm gearboxes offer unique advantages and characteristics that set them apart from other types of gearboxes. Here’s a comparison between worm gearboxes and some other common types:
- Helical Gearbox: Worm gearboxes have higher torque multiplication, making them suitable for heavy-load applications, while helical gearboxes are more efficient and offer smoother operation.
- Bevel Gearbox: Worm gearboxes are compact and can transmit motion at right angles, similar to bevel gearboxes, but worm gearboxes have self-locking capabilities.
- Planetary Gearbox: Worm gearboxes provide high torque output and are cost-effective for applications with high reduction ratios, whereas planetary gearboxes offer higher efficiency and can handle higher input speeds.
- Spur Gearbox: Worm gearboxes have better shock load resistance due to their sliding motion, while spur gearboxes are more efficient and suitable for lower torque applications.
- Cycloidal Gearbox: Cycloidal gearboxes have high shock load capacity and compact design, but worm gearboxes are more cost-effective and can handle higher reduction ratios.
While worm gearboxes have advantages such as high torque output, compact design, and self-locking capability, the choice between gearbox types depends on the specific requirements of the application, including torque, efficiency, speed, and space limitations.
editor by CX 2023-09-21